To improve both quality of life and economic development, Community Planning and Redevelopment partner with other transportation agencies to promote policies and projects that enhance the accessibility, safety, and efficiency of travel to and through the community for pedestrians, cyclists,bus riders, and motorists as well as for those who travel by auto or passenger rail or provide freight service. Our goal is to serve multiple modes of travel and to design roadways to reflect the context of surrounding land use.
For information on Bike infrastructure, bike racks, programming and bike share, click BIKE.
Projects underway include:
- Passenger Rail
- Anthony Blvd/Wayne Trace Grade Separation. This project is in the final stages of approval of an Application for a Categorical Exclusion (CE) from full Environmental Review. The CE should be complete mid to late summer which will allow the purchase of the right of way necessary to move forward with the project.
- Walk Fort Wayne Bluffton Rd Sidewalk and Trail
- Walk Fort Wayne Lake Ave. Sidewalk
- Walk Fort Wayne St. Joe Center Rd. Trail
- Walk Fort Wayne N. Anthony Sidewalk (a Walk Fort Wayne add-on to a public works project)
- Bike Fort Wayne Stellhorn Rd. Bike Lanes
- Bike Fort Wayne Berry St. Bike Lanes
- Fort Wayne Trails Projects
- Bus Fort Wayne